LinkNow is a website design and marketing company based out of Montreal. We are a company with over 10,000 clients all over North America, and for the fifth year in a row, LinkNow has ranked on the prestigious Growth 500 list for Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies!
At LinkNow, we are a fun, friendly workplace that supports and rewards hard work and initiative. We continue to grow from our willingness to adapt and are looking for someone to join our growing family.
Join us and help contribute to the team of people who make it all possible.
We are looking for a System Administrator with 3 – 5 years of experience to join our team. You will be responsible for managing, troubleshooting, licensing, and updating hardware and software assets.
This is a full-time, permanent position - Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm. Along with night and weekend availability for maintenance tasks from time to time.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in System Administration or similar with strength in Linux, cPanel, Cloud.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux, cPanel, PHP, MySQL, Exim.
- Willingness to adapt and stay up to date in new sysadmin techniques and solutions.
- Organized and proficient with time management.
- In depth understanding of Nginx as a proxy.
- In depth understanding of DNS and DNS clusters.
- In depth understanding of TCP/IP and troubleshooting networking issues.
- Day-to-day infrastructure operations in a dynamic CentOS + cPanel environment on VMWare hosted in colocation and on cloud.
- Configure, monitor, optimize, manage and troubleshoot customer facing, mission critical 24/7 production systems including:
- cPanel LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
- EXIM (Email Servers), email monitoring and filters.
- Multiple WPMU – Thousands of Websites per install. With domain mapping functionalities.
- CSF Firewall
- SSL certificates
- NGINX Proxy Servers
- Backup and restore of customer data
- Provide infrastructure level support while functioning as Level 3 support for client-related issues including:
- Email delivery issues at computer (Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, iOS Mail, Android Email, etc…), server, ESP and ISP level.
- Email and Server blocklist management (DNSBL and RBL) and whitelist/unblock request.
- Domain registration issues.
- SSL installation and troubleshooting.
- Create, edit and troubleshoot DNS (A-Record, TXT, NS, MX, SVR) records.
- Address, isolate, and repair performance problems or other issues affecting the efficiency of the network and infrastructure including responding to DDoS and other types of attack.
- Manage hardware and software inventory for replacement parts and licenses.
- Manage RMAs for hardware.
- Ensuring internal documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Monitoring internal company backup of mission critical data to VEEAM cloud.
- Attractive health insurance plan at 6 months (eye care, dental, extended healthcare, etc...)
- Weekly pay
- Free virtual doctor visits with your very own EQ Care membership after one month of employment.
- Employee assistance programs after one month of employment, such as free one-on-one therapy sessions, financial advice, legal advice, and more!
- Diverse and fun team members.
- Work from the comfort of your own home, permanently!
- Company events, virtually too!