These 6 skills will ensure you succeed in your chosen field. These are skills you need to write high-quality, conversion-driven content in 2021, and that will prepare you well for the industry’s future.
Let’s get started.
1. Google Analytics Is Your New BFFUnderstanding the basics of Google Analytics is an essential skill, especially for up-and-coming content writers who want to master the art of conversion. Here are just some of the ways this software will become your new bestie:
- ✔ Allows you to analyze content to see what draws the most eyeballs in— and what doesn’t.
- ✔ Bounce rates give you a great idea of what content is not working, so you don’t make the same mistake twice.
- ✔ Conversion tracking means you’ll know when your content is converting into revenue.
2. Define Your Content StrategyAre you writing to increase traffic, create conversion, or spread awareness about your brand?
Your goals make a big difference in how you define your content strategy. Make sure to think about your objectives before launching into the writing process. Remember, your mission is to sync up with people in the buying process and move them forward into a sale seamlessly.
To do this, you’ll need to identify your audience, seek out answers to their objections and pain points, and then deliver actionable solutions that remove all barriers from the sale process.
Do you have what it takes to be a professional content writer?
The answer is yes if you have a sound strategy!
3. Leverage That Video ContentLet’s face it.
Video content has become a critical component to establishing trusting relationships with your target market. Why read about something when you can watch an entertaining or informational video about it instead?
Pick up a camera and start recording!
4. Become a StorytellerDraw people in and connect with them on an emotional level by making good use of a marketing tool that has been in use for over 1,000 years. The hook represents the emotional rollercoaster that is storytelling and it’s been used to bring people closer to conversion for centuries.
5. Revamp The Email to Reach People on Their Buying JourneyIs email making a comeback?
The answer is yes, but not in the way you might imagine. A successful sales email in 2021 must identify where the person stands on their purchase journey, so your thoughtfully crafted emails reach them at that specific point with the information they need. A successful email must display empathy—empathy for the reader’s needs and wants—to get them to act.
The days of blanketing everyone with the same information via email are over. Customized emails are a growing trend that is working to drive conversion.
6. Deliver Bite-Sized ContentDid you know around 50% of all searches are performed using voice search?
Now more than ever, it’s crucial to keep educational information short and to the point. When people make a query using voice, they don’t have time to listen to their smart devices rattling off long paragraphs.
They want digestible answers fast!
If you found this post helpful, we want to hear about it! Drop us a few lines in the comment section below. And if you think you have what it takes to join the LinkNow team, head on over to our recruitment page to see what positions we have available.